- WebP compression changes for the Mapbox iOS SDK for rendering raster & vector map data — https://github.com/roblabs/mapbox-gl-native
- Tippecanoe, converting to Mapbox Vector Tiles
Mapbox — storage, tools and specs
- Mobile SDK for iOS & Android
- mapbox.com/studio — storing tiles and Styling
geobuf- A compact binary encoding for geographic data., https://github.com/mapbox/geobuf
mason— build tool chain for Mobile SDK
tippecanoe— GeoJSON to Vector Tiles
tile-join— Joining Vector MBTiles
- Command Line Cartography (GeoJSON merge, join)
Tippecanoe creates vector tilesets from large GeoJSON feature collections. The output is an MBTiles file that can be uploaded to Mapbox.
Prebuilt binaries exist for macOS and
- uses GDAL tool set for converting to GeoJSON
tippecanoefor converting to MBTiles & joining data
Tile-join is a tool for copying and merging vector mbtiles files and for joining new attributes from a CSV file to existing features in them.
Tippecanoe has a join tool called
tile-join which takes care of joining CSV to GeoJSON.
brew install tippecanoe
On Ubuntu it will usually be easiest to build from the source repository. For details and build documentation, please see https://github.com/mapbox/tippecanoe#installation.
For convenience, the build steps are summarized here.
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:mapbox/tippecanoe.git cd tippecanoe make -j make install
Test to verify install
tippecanoe -v # sample response, the version number could be different # tippecanoe v1.31.0 tile-join # sample response # Usage: tile-join [-f] [-i] [-pk] [-pC] [-c joins.csv] [-x exclude ...] -o new.mbtiles source.mbtiles ...